I will start by saying I was a 10 year die hard Tax Act customer for 10 years - Not anymore.I will be switching over to another tax service for my 2017 returns.

They did not honor the 30% promo from late December. I accepted the promo as soon as I got the email by logging in and clicking accept - I assumed we were good to go, right? Also, I attempted to import last years tax return only to get an error message that the import process wasn't available. Chatted online with cust service agent who told me there were technical problems with no ETA.

Seriously, a company who's core business relies on uptime and functioning technology to be working during promos (expect a spike in traffic how hard is THAT) and peak season. So I called "customer service" and got a gum smacking agent who I proceeded to tell my story to, who then said I needed to speak to another department - 30 minutes ON HOLD for this other department to pick-up. I don't believe there's another department - she put me in limbo. I gave up.

I'm not spending my time being placed on hold and having to explain myself over again.Screw you, Tax Act I'm going to another service.

Review about: Taxact Customer Care.

Comments