Taxact just lost my business for good!

they advertise Free Fed and State filing.but after the coarse of a few weeks gathering and entering info, it now says i have to upgrade to PLUS to be able to file using itemized deductions!

What a complete bait and switch! i had to start all over with another site to avoid paying nearly $50 to Taxact when it advertised Free!

They wasted so much of my time that i will never come back!

I filed both Federal and State (with less than a week to go) with FreeTaxUSA (and did my itemized return) for a total of $13.Amazing, and they dont start gouging you like all the others do in the last few weeks left to file.

This reviewer shared experience about pricing issue and wants this business to "understand that jerking me around, offer free then say to itemize it cost almost $50 for fed and state, and wasiting weeks of my time, you lost me for good!". The author is overall dissatisfied with Taxact. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Taxact.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Tax services category for more informed decision or compare Taxact to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Taxact?

Comments