2.2

I've been using TaxAct for over 10 years and have generally been pleased. Not this year. I was filing an extension. In the past, you could go directly to the IRS forms and fill one out to submit. I couldn't find a way to do that this year so I basically had to go through the entire process of filling out my Form 1040 complete with Schedule C and associated documents for my business. Looooooong process. Then, the server malfunctioned and I had no choice but to log out and back in...only to find that everything I had done to that point was GONE!!! So I had to do the whole thing again.

Once I completed it again, I tried to submit the extension, payment due and 1st quarter estimated tax payment. When I pressed the 'submit' button, I got one of those cute little 'processing' animations...that continued until my account timed out. Since I never got a notification that it had been submitted and was awaiting acceptance, I did it again...5 TIMES, with the same results. The 5th time, I even upgraded to the next level of TaxActd but got no better results. I gave up, submitted my extension without the payment and it went through. Unfortunately, it was after midnight so I will probably get clobbered with a late filing penalty. And now, I have been on the phone with the IRS for 30 minutes, finally got a human whom I spoke with for about 3 minutes and then rerouted to 'payments due' and have started the entire wait process all over again. "We estimate your wait time to be betwen 15 and 30 minutes."

I went to TaxAct initially because TurboTax pissed me off. Where do I go now, because I absolutely WILL NOT use TaxAct again!

#unhappy_beyond_belief

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of taxact tax software from Taxact and attached a photo. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Taxact to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was failure to process my irs payment, overall performance compared to past years, failure at the most critical point in the whole process and difficulty in navigating the site compared to past years. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Taxact for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Taxact?

Comments

Same thing is happening to me.I'm not filing an extension, just trying to pay what I owe.

The processing page has been saving for 28 minutes now. The time out page has come up 3-4 times and I keep hitting continue. I started last night and it did the same thing to me.

I am beyond upset.