I've been using TaxAct for over 10 years and have generally been pleased. Not this year. I was filing an extension. In the past, you could go directly to the IRS forms and fill one out to submit. I couldn't find a way to do that this year so I basically had to go through the entire process of filling out my Form 1040 complete with Schedule C and associated documents for my business. Looooooong process. Then, the server malfunctioned and I had no choice but to log out and back in...only to find that everything I had done to that point was GONE!!! So I had to do the whole thing again.
Once I completed it again, I tried to submit the extension, payment due and 1st quarter estimated tax payment. When I pressed the 'submit' button, I got one of those cute little 'processing' animations...that continued until my account timed out. Since I never got a notification that it had been submitted and was awaiting acceptance, I did it again...5 TIMES, with the same results. The 5th time, I even upgraded to the next level of TaxActd but got no better results. I gave up, submitted my extension without the payment and it went through. Unfortunately, it was after midnight so I will probably get clobbered with a late filing penalty. And now, I have been on the phone with the IRS for 30 minutes, finally got a human whom I spoke with for about 3 minutes and then rerouted to 'payments due' and have started the entire wait process all over again. "We estimate your wait time to be betwen 15 and 30 minutes."
I went to TaxAct initially because TurboTax pissed me off. Where do I go now, because I absolutely WILL NOT use TaxAct again!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Failure to process my irs payment
- Overall performance compared to past years
- Failure at the most critical point in the whole process
- Difficulty in navigating the site compared to past years
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I engaged the company due to an inappropriate claim of the IRS for back taxes. Tax Masters did nothing for their 'fee' other than to cause non-lawyers to manage my filling..."
- "Emailed this company 3 times asking for a refund they are refusing to refund my money now saying they never got the emails! I have them all and can..."
- "I was a client of Boston Financial Associates LLC, for over 5 years as you can see from the invoice I posted. Michael Edwards was very dishonest tax preparer, at..."
- "I read through most of the reviews/complaints on this site concerning problems with nextdaypets or breeders advertising on the site. I was looking for a mini-dachshund for my..."
- "I placed My very first order on Dec.6th. Went to check the status. And he said it was cancelled. I didn't cancel the order. Now I have to wait for..."
- "Usually we order a side of chicken pieces with our pizzas... I like em and our dogs go crazy over chicken. They use to be the size of..."
- "Airbnb is in the middle of a security crisis they have been "hacked" from. Airbnb's "Trust and Safety Team", is swamped with listings that have been high-jacked. I am host..."
- "Had. Went. To. Da. Family. ..."
- "I purchased a reload it card last week. I received the message that the site needed more time to process my card... Ok, so I waited. Then for..."